Soki celebrates and rewards
20th anniversary of drumming
Hello drummers and all music lovers in the year 2012. Let me start with a short History lesson. It all started in November, 1991. We had a natural science day at school and our primary teachers took us to the movies. We watched Terminator II the movie. Before the movie started, they rolled Guns N’ Roses video clip “You Could Be Mine”, which was the soundtrack of the movie. I remember going home after the movie and saying to my parents,”I want to be a drummer”. And things have never been the same again. I am a professional drummer today and it gives me great pleasure to say that I haven’t put the drum sticks down since then. This is the reason why I’ve decided to share my excitement and celebrate with you thorough the whole year.
Check my homepage every day and pay attention to many activities:
- you can read about how it all started, who was my first drum teacher, what drums I played, what music I listened to, which concerts I visited, my first bands and so on;
- diary - twenty years in twelve months with documentary videos;
- I’m planning to play with Slovenian musicians who I’ve met through the years. 20 musicians in twenty presentational videos (Mi2, Tabu, Siddharta, Alya, Elvis Jackson, Billysi, Big Foot Mama, Kingston, Tinkara Kovač, Zmelkoow, Čudežna Polja and many more);
- 20 stupid homemade videos (I strongly advise you NOT to try that at home);
- my guide book for drummers is going to be published – good help for drummers and drum lovers;
- a lot of nice awards are waiting for you, so stay tuned!
The celebration starts with a prize game. Check out the homepage (“20 years”) and follow the directions on how to win nice awards.
If you have any suggestions or ideas, just send me an e-mail and let me know.
Let the “drum party” begin!
Your friend ,